Hey guys! I'm actually being pretty punctual with my blog posts now, haha! So, as you all know, I went to
Youmacon this Saturday! I went with two of my friends, and we had such a great time! Youmacon is definitely one of the smaller conventions, but it's gotten a lot bigger in recent years! Attendance last year was over 9000, I believe? Don't quote me on that, but it was quite a large group! And it definitely felt like there were more people there this year in comparison to last year. But anyways, lets get to the photos! I had my new camera with me, so the quality is quite nice too :D
First up are some pictures of the location!
The first two photos are of Windsor's skyline. Youmacon is in downtown Detroit at the Renaissance Centre, which is right on the Detroit River. And there's a large outdoor area that's right by the water, so you got a nice view of the city while you were there. The third pictures is of (me holding) the Rennaisance Centre! It's such a gorgeous building to hold a convention in, because the whole atrium of the building is glass so you get lots of natural light all day. It was especially nice for photos! The only thing is some of the areas of the RenCen are kind of smallish, so some events got a little crowded at times, but other than that, very nice! And the convention this year was so well organized, the crowding was hardly a bother!

This is a photo of the atrium from the third floor of the atrium. It's very open and a good area for meeting up with people or sitting and relaxing between panels, etc. There are also a lot of shops lining the atrium, where you can purchase food and drinks, as well as a food court further back on the first floor. Also, since this building is the GM building, the very centre houses a showroom of cars!! Which makes for some interesting photo ops, haha.
Now let's take a peek at some of my cosplay photos!
These are some photos I took at home to show off my makeup, etc! I just kept it really light and basic, since Luka doesn't have a very defined look, especially not in the MV. I love those blue contacts though <3 They really stand out in photos, and they really pull the whole look together. And I was up until 2 am finishing my hairpiece ORZ. It ended up looking really nice though!
These are some of the shots we took outside of the RenCen! I really wish I had had a light reflector board for these photos, as the sun was VERY strong that day, and it was causing a lot of really harsh shadows in some of these pictures. But I feel like they turned out really well regardless! I especially love the first and last one! The last photo is the post in which Luka sits in the MV where she is wearing the black dress, which was the version I was doing!
I also took some pictures of my friends Leah's cosplay! She was cosplaying Takane Manaka from Love Plus!
As far as other people's cosplays go, I saw lots of really good costumes this year! I wasn't really taking that many photos, but I did take some! As far as Youmacon's costume quality goes, it's been getting better and better every year! Anyways, here are some general photos from the con, of cosplay, random things, and other people!
 |
| With another 'Just Be Friends' Luka! She was so pretty, and made me regret not getting a curly wig ; ^ ; |
 |
| Leah and the coffee guy from Phoenix Wright. I don't know his name, haha... |
 |
| Phoenix Wright! OBJECTION! |
 |
| Me outside the RenCen. It was so sunny, I could barely open my eyes!! =_____= |
 |
| A Keebler elf (from the cookies!) and Princess Bubblegum! |
 |
| I don't know who these girls are, but they looked amazing! |
 |
| Assassin's Creed! |
 |
| The lolita tea party! I was creepin' from above hahaha... |
 |
| A mossy guy! I honestly did not notice him the first time I walked by, LOL |
 |
| Rapunzel and Flynn Rider! That Rapunzel's braid was GORGEOUS! It had all the flowers and everything! I was really sad I didn't get a picture of it too ; ^ ; |
 |
| Leah and Phoenix Wright. |
 |
| Mini Assassin's Creed!! HE WAS SO CUTE ^^ |
Those are all of the photos I took (at least the ones that turned out nicely!!). All in all, it was a good convention, and I'm glad I was able to make it out for at least one of the days! I look forward to attending again next year, it just gets better every year!
Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment