Sunday, June 24, 2012

Anime North 2012 Report!

Hey everybody! Man has it been a long time since I last blogged! I've been craxy busy getting ready for my final exams, but I finished my last one on Friday, so I am officially done high school now! I graduate on Tuesday, and I'm very excited :3

But this post is to talk about Anime North 2012, which I attended during the last weekend of May! This was my fourth Anime North, and I had a great time as per usual! But let's start with my cosplay from this year. This was the first time I've ever cosplayed more than one thing at a convention; usually I wear one costume the whole weekend, but this year I decided to wear a different one each day!

First up is Melty Granite from Shining Hearts, which I wore on Saturday:







This was such a fun costume to wear, and I think one of my favourites I've ever worn. It was so cute, and frilly, and sweet! And just all around fun to wear. And I absolutely adored my wig. Unfortunately the zipper on the dress broke when I took the costume off Saturday night, so I need to fix that before I try to rewear this costume! But I do love it so much, I may rewear this at some point during the summer or at another convention! Definitely a repertoire piece :D

And Sunday, I wore my Matryoshka Gumi cosplay:



 


This was a very popular cosplay this year, I saw lots of Matryoshkas! But it was really nice to wear on Sunday after wearing Melty all day Saturday. It's such a comfortable costume hahaha! It was very hot to wear though ^^;; The weather was very nice that weekend though! Thankfully no rain!

Overall it was a really great weekend, I always have a great time at Anime North! The weather was perfect, and everyone was super nice! I got to meet up with a lot of my online friends and made lots of new friends as well, which was awesome :D 

I don't have any pictures from the actual con really, because I let my friend use my camera, but that's ok! I feel like this year was a little lacking in cosplay honestly. There was a lot of cosplay, like usual, but I feel like there weren't as many super wow-factor costumes, especially compared to last year! But it was still a great con. The people were friendly, the Artist's Alley/Crafter's Corner had TONS of really awesome stuff this year (I bought the cutest coffin ring from Alice Dear Arts!!), and the Dealer's Room was bumpin' as usual. The outdoor rave was SUPER awesome this year as well! They got a really huge stage this year, and we partied there pretty much every night haha :P Really good DJs this year too, great mix of anime tunes and regular music.

On another convention note, I will probably be coming down to Atomic Lollipop in mid-July! Not quite sure if I'll revive a cosplay or make a new one yet, seeing as it's a little short notice, but more info on that later! 

I plan on doing a more fashion-y post tomorrow, so I shall be seeing y'all again soon!

Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment