Monday, May 14, 2012

(Truly) Daily Style + Cosplay Progress!

Hey y'all! It sure has been a while since I last blogged :P I can't even say I've been very busy, just a little bit lazy! Haha. I guess you can say I've been a little busy getting ready for proms, since I am a senior this year! And I was asked to two proms in addition to my own school's, so it's been a little stressful trying to prepare for all of those as well as Anime North! I had my first prom last weekend, but my camera's battery wasn't charged so I didn't take any pictures myself ; ^ ;. Thankfully, other people did! I'll post a few pics at the end of this post for those who are interested :3

Anyways, usually when I do a Daily Style post, it's more like a staged daily style than what I truly wear on a day-to-day basis. Meaning that it's usually an outfit for a special occasion or something. But recently I've been trying to take more pictures of my actual daily style to show on my blog, since this is definitely becoming more of a personal blog :P

Anyways, I have two outfits today to show you! (P.S. I am trying out new locations in my room to take outfit pictures, so bear with me! xD)


Necklace: inherited
Top: F21
Skirt: F21


Scarf: F21
Top: Urban Planet
Shorts: F21

Both of these outfits were quite simple in essence, but I really like them! The first one I wore for dinner yesterday (Mother's day!), and the second one I wore to run errands after school today. These are truly outfits that I wear every day :P I was really happy with the second one :D I quite like it, and those are the first pair of high waisted shorts that didn't make me look like an old man, which is AWESOME.

I'm going to try and remember to take pictures of my outfits everyday now, or at least a few times a week so I can do more posts like this! What do you guys think?

And now on to cosplay news! Anime North is approaching VERY quickly (almost too quickly), and I've just started working on my costumes. Yeah. Go me. King of the slackers. Anyways, I finished my Matryoshka Gumi sweater the other day, which if you follow me on Tumblr or my FB fan page you would have seen already! Here are a couple pics in case you don't.



Yay for being cheesy! Anyways, that's done, and pretty much the only other thing I need for this cosplay are striped stockings, which I can buy easily. This was 90% closet cosplay for me, considering all I had to do was stitch the details on the hood! :P But at least it's done now!

Melty however, I have barely even started =_______=;; I've cut some patterns and I've got all my fabric and what not, I just need to start sewing like a mad man now!! And I still need more lace and some notions for the accessory bits. I am super pleased to know that the anime version of Melty does NOT have the ribbon wraps on her gloves or stockings, so I will most likely be omitting those details for now. I'll probably add them after Anime North though, because I want to try and go to FX or some other summer con this year, and I'll probably just re-wear Melty if I do!

I got my contact lenses in the mail today as well, JUST in time! :D I'll probably do a review of them soon, I need to buy new contact solution though :P

And as promised, here are a couple photos from the first prom I went to! Anyways, I'm going to try some fun nail art now, so until next time! :D


My date (Noah) and I!
With some other couples! (better shot of my whole dress :3)


No comments:

Post a Comment